Apr 15, 2014

My Lists: 4 current dramas I've started watching but haven't kept up with

For some reason, I am currently in a drama-watching slump. Not that there's a shortage of dramas in kdramaland, of course not. But none of these awesome dramas have been able to hold my attention for very long. Aside from the ever awesome God's Gift - 14 Days, I have yet to get past the first couple of episodes for each of these dramas.


1. Three Days - My love for Yoochun be damned, I saw half of the first episode and closed the window as soon as my sister suggested watching some We Got Married instead. Not because the drama wasn't good, I just wasn't in the right state of mind at the time.


2. Sly and Single Again - I love Lee Min-jung, I really do. But I don't know if that's enough for me to push through with watching this drama. Her character just seems very sad - in the pathetic sense of the word - to me. The again, I felt the same way about Song Ji-hyo's character in the beginning of Emergency Couple, but that changed after the first few episodes. Maybe I need to give this drama another shot.


3. Secret Love Affair - I've heard great things about this drama but I don't know if it's something I'd want to push through with. God knows I love Yoo Ah-in, but the many muted and sepia-toned scenes don't demand for my attention as much as they probably should.Or I might just really be in some kind of drama funk.


4. Hotel King - Admittedly, I only saw the first few minutes of the first episode while I was downloading it. And it was captivating. I just haven't gotten around to watching it because I'm not Lee Da-hae's biggest fan. And I worry about my nerves being grated every time she shows up on screen. I'll have to set this aside for now.



I may not have kept up with the many currently airing dramas, but I was able to finish Her Lovely Heels - a mini-drama based on a webcomic - last Friday. Pretty easy to do as this show ran for less than 15 minutes per episode, with a total of 10 episodes. Drama marathon in under 3 hours? I'm there. HA. But my feels for Her Lovely Heels and Hong Jong-hyun will have to wait till my next post.

For now, please cross some fingers for me in hopes that I get my ass in gear over the upcoming long weekend and get a move on on my drama watching.

3 comments:

  1. I'm only watching Secret Love Affair out of the currently airing shows at the moment, and I'm really enjoying it. The muted tones are something I really like, probably because it's just a bit different to the overly filtered k-dramas you see so much of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably pick this show up again. And, like, really wrap my mind around the plot rather than just wait for skinship-y scenes between the leads. :)

      Delete
    2. Lol, yeah, waiting for them to actually do anything isn't worth it, it takes forever! ha ha

      Delete