Jul 3, 2013

SHINee wins my heart - again!


Have I ever mentioned how SHINee has been climbing up my favorite k-pop boyband list? Well, they have. They're now almost tied with Big Bang and DB5K at the top.

Admittedly, I only started listening to SHINee when "Sherlock" came out. And even then, it wasn't until I saw the dance practice video that I conceded with how freaking talented this young group is. It's really hard to pinpoint a weak dancer in the group (alright, it's probably Onew but he's still miles ahead of a lot of guys in the same industry). 

While I had always given credit to both Jonghyun and Onew for being extremely amazing vocalists, I was quick to dismiss the other three. I had always considered Minho the visual, Taemin the dancer, and Key the diva. Nothing more, nothing less.

But I've noticed that, in recent years, the other three members have been given more time to shine. Key and Taemin have more singing parts in their songs now. Even Minho, who has always been designated to the rap verses, can be heard singing more often nowadays.

And then this happened.


It's not often that a k-pop group has members who can all sing this well. And I mean this for every member of SHINee, Minho included. Sure, he's not as well-equipped as the other four vocally, but he has definitely come a long way from being just the face of the group. The same can be said for Taemin, who had carried the brunt of Jonghyun's lines when the latter was recuperating from a car accident while the group continued with their promotions for latest single "Why So Serious." And Taemin did good. He hit those high notes I never thought possible from the SHINee maknae.

So watching them perform live is always such a treat. Vocals are always on point, and the dancing always so precise. To top it all off, they are very professional. I mean, just the other day, in the middle of their 3rd song at the Hong Kong Dome Festival, mother nature decided to just pour on the guys. But SHINee forged on despite the heavy rains, taking the Hong Kong fans by literal storm.


My hat goes off to SHINee. This just solidifies my love for the group. There are no words to explain how much respect I have for them and how underrated I think they are. SHINee, fighting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment