May 2, 2013

My We Got Married fixation


Okay, I admit it. Possibly due to the lack of a personal love line, I have resorted to reveling in other people's affairs and am now a We Got Married addict.

It all started with Khuntoria. They were adorable and, despite my aversion to Victoria's aegyo, I stuck around for Nichkhun's awesomness. Then my obsession grew as I checked into the Adam Couple. Those two owned my heart down to their cute yet tearful parting. To this day, they are still my favorite WGM couple.


I haven't watched a lot of the more famous couples (i.e. Goguma Couple, Hwangbo & Kim Hyun-joong) despite coercion from my sister and friends. I've seen clips here and there, but not their entire run with the show. I used to be a couple-based fan. Like, I wouldn't actually watch entire episodes, and instead would only look for the segments that featured the couples I liked. I watched Leeteuk and Kang Sora without watching Lee Jang Woo and Eunjung. I also enjoyed Lee Joon and Oh Yeon Seo without watching (much of) Julien Kang and Yoon Se-ah.


Now though, I'm downloading entire episodes to watch every single couple. Even real-life couple Jo Jung-chi and Jung In - who are as real as real can be since they have been dating for the past 12 years - have been keeping me interested. Though Kwanghee and Sunhwa have left the show, their replacements are just too adorable to pass up on. Taemin and Na-eun are both bright-eyed young idols who are perfectly adorable and I can't wait to see how the rest of their episodes play out.


Hands down though, my favorite couple of the season is Jinwoon and Go Joon-hee. Those two have organically grown closer as a couple, and are very much believable in their attraction to each other that I'd probably call bullshit if they deny it. They could very well be good actors, as simple as that, but I'll refuse to accept it. Hah.


Jinwoon and Joon-hee, as of late, have been very natural with their skinship and have hit the stage in their relationship where holding hands is not just a natural occurrence but an enjoyable necessity. It's also interesting to note that their 6-year age gap makes for a fun set-up where she's the noona and he's the dongsaeng.


Honestly, I have watched all their episodes at least twice and it still hits me right in the heart every time I see them smiling at each other. Ugh!

Should those two decide to date for real, you won't be hearing any qualms from me. 

3 comments:

  1. I started watching WGM with Leeteuk and Sora, and I only watched their parts, not the others. Sora was just so adorable. I watched the others when they were all hanging out together, and I liked them in those moments, but not enough to watch their entire sections. And now, i watch Taemin & NaEun, and Jinwoon & JunHee. And I love them because the age gap is barely there. I thought it would be more pronounced but they seem to suit each other so well that him being younger or her being older just doesn't matter. I agree, they have grown closer quite naturally, although I do think that's more because Jinwoon is just like that with everyone. He's very outgoing and friendly and skinshippy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I just say, my love for Taemin-Naeun is slowly overtaking my love for Jinwoon-Junhee. Those two kids are just soooo adorable.

      Delete
    2. They are pretty adorable. Have you seen the last ep, where they went to Myungdong? It was horrible to watch, they had fans following them around shoving cameras right in their faces, urgh. Idiots for going there in the first place, even if i can understand the idea behind it.

      Delete